MUSICAL INTELLECTUAL AND ARTISTIC HARMONY IN SILENT THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE
The present study consists of four chapters. Chapter one is devoted to the research problem that is centered around the following question; What are the aesthetics of intellectual and artistic harmony of music in silent theatrical performance? The present study is significant as it highlights the role of music in theatrical performance in general and silent performance in particular. It sheds light on the foundations of building music in terms of melodies and rhythms and sheds light on the elements of the theatrical image and its relationship with music. The present study aims at identifying the musical intellectual and artistic harmony in the Iraqi silent theatrical performance. The chapter states the special and temporal limits of the study and definitions of the key terms. Chapter two tackles the musical intellectual and artistic harmony in the silent theatrical performance. The researcher examined the aesthetics of musical employment in the silent show, highlighting the role of music in presenting the intellectual and aesthetic images in the silent show and the ability of music to create a general atmosphere for the display. Chapter three includes the research sample, the research tool, the methodology, and the analysis of the sample. Chapter four presents the results, such as:
- The music accompanying and supporting the movements of the actors’ bodies, which was in the form of songs or solo music, was consistent in the analyzed sample.
- The music matched the movements of the actors in the analyzed show and it was an audible equivalent to the idea of the show.
- The international musical pieces were in the form of commas that permeate the movement of the actors’ bodies. They helped to highlight the educational images of the performances through their sensory components that can be explained through sense and reason.
- The songs and musical pieces in the analyzed sample were in harmony with the idea of the work. They were as a complement to it through their ability to highlight the various images.
- The music and its rhythms varied from one piece to another and from one melody to another in the analyzed sample. These shows were not based on one melodic line, but they varied according to the display panels. They complemented it intellectually and aesthetically.
- 2021-09-02 (2)
- 2020-05-01 (1)